In episode six of the paragraphing podcast, Jamie and Brendan set the groundwork for a new experiment in their storytelling. That is to say, they toss away (for the time being) the paragraph-by-paragraph structure for something completely different. After reading this week’s episodes, they visit a whale at 30,000 feet, sit down for an interview with the Paris Review, and join comedian Eddie Izzard in a pitch for a new comic-book TV show.
LINKS AND SUCH:
- The whale of Douglas Adams: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/198068-another-thing-that-got-forgotten-was-the-fact-that-against
- The Paris Review interview with P.G. Wodehouse: https://www.theparisreview.org/interviews/3773/p-g-wodehouse-the-art-of-fiction-no-60-p-g-wodehouse
- The clip from Eddie Izzard’s standup is part of this performance: https://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Izzard-Circle-Anastasia-Pappas/dp/B003A3UXLK
- We’d also highly recommend one of the best standup performances of all time: Eddie Izzard’s Dress to Kill: https://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Izzard-Dress-Lawrence-Jordan/dp/B003A6VPS2/ref=tmm_aiv_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
- And yes—we will be disrupting our daily paragraphing for a new experiment in chapters. This won’t disrupt the weekly podcast schedule, though. So keep subscribing!
- Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-1-the-first-9-paragraphs/id1212787121?i=1000382303012&mt=2
- Follow daily updates to the story at www.armisticedesigns.com/paragraphingblog
- Or on Twitter at: @graphingblog
- Brendan’s website: www.armisticedesigns.com
- Jamie’s website: Thanks4Listening.com